Monday, November 2, 2009

My Online Dating Saga - What's the Deal?

There are some features on these dating sites that don't quite make sense to me. One site actually has a "stalker" function. This is supposed to be a good thing? If I wanted stalkers, I'd find some hunky wackos to go out with. And what about those compatibility tests, to match values, interests, preferred sexual positions and favorite fetishes? Supposedly the higher the match percentage, the better. If I wanted a male me, I'd just have sex with myself. Oh wait, I do that already.

Based on the match percentage, the site informs me, "We think you would get along well with this person." Why not just be honest and say, "We don't have a f*cking clue who you'd get along with, but our guess is as good as yours, so just go with it."

And what is the purpose of a "wink?" Basically, that means the guy is too much of a wuss to actually email me - kinda like those construction guys who yell and make pseudo-f*ck-me gestures at female pedestrians out for their morning bagels. And then there's the "favorites" function. Translated, it means, "I'm not interested enough to actually send you a message right now, but I'll save you for later in case I'm not having much luck getting laid sometime in the near future."

No comments:

Post a Comment